Megy Karydes regularly speaks on small business, marketing and fair trade at various events, trade shows and conferences. Below is a sampling of past speaking engagements. To inquire about having Megy speak to your group, please call or email her directly at (312) 560-2715 or megy at karydesconsulting dot com.
MAY 28, 2014: HOW TO BE A FREELANCER AND STILL PAY THE RENT: Tips from the Trenches on Expanding Into New Markets. Sponsored by the American Society of Journalists and Authors and the Association for Women Journalists – Chicago.
- April 24, 2014: American Society of Journalists and Authors annual conference, NYC: Next Level Marketing on a Budget
- April 16, 2012: Museum Store Association Annual Conference, New Orleans, NV: Presenting on how Museums can easily Incorporate Fair Trade Into their Merchandising Mix
- October 22, 2011: Ohio Fair Trade Expo: Presenting on Fair Trade & the Environment
- October 5, 2011: Columbia College, Chicago, IL, Clothing & Society class: Presented on fair trade clothing and accessories in various cultures.
- July 30, 2011: Merchandise Mart, The Chicago Market (gift/home trade show): Fair Trade 101
- May 10, 2011: Fair Trade Federation Annual Conference: How to Use Social Media to Market your Business (including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube videos)
- September 2010: Fair Trade Futures Conference, Boston, MA: Drumming Up Media Coverage for Events